Australia is a beautiful place with many interesting locations, landscapes, opportunities, and entertainments. If you wish to visit this marvelous country for tourism or business purposes, you can do it with a proper document. Right now Italians can obtain ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) to enter and stay in Australia for 90 days (each visit as ETA is a multiple-entry document) within 1 year validity period. It is a very convenient option because ETA is directly linked to your passport, hence you don’t need to print it.
- What are the important details about a visa to Australia for Italian citizens?
- Certification of vaccinations from Italy
- More information about Australia and the visa
- Italians who would like to visit Australia to meet with family and friends must apply for an Australian visa (tourist one).
- ETA is valid for 12 months, but you can stay in the country for 90 days each visit with it as it is a multiple-entry document.
- This means that you have to leave Australia after 90 days but you can return for the remaining days of your visa validity. However, keep in mind that the duration of your tourist ETA visa also depends on the expiration date of your passport.
- If your passport expires, this also applies to your travel visa, since it is linked electronically to your passport.
- You can get electronic visa to Australia via online process, what is very easy, convenient, and intuitive option. However, keep in mind that not everyone can apply for this visa. Certain conditions must be met in order to obtain it. Before application process, check if you qualify to get an ETA.
- When it comes to the requirements, the most important are that citizens of Italy must be outside of Australia to obtain a travel visa, must have no criminal record and they must not find work in Australia during their stay. It is crucial to meet this conditions to get a visa to Australia.
- If you are a citizen of countries that can obtain an Australian visa online, as Italy, you are eligible to apply for an ETA.
As in any other country, it is recommended that you provide certificates of the vaccines you have received. In most cases, it is not mandatory with the exception of the Yellow Fever vaccination certificate.
If you are traveling from a country that is at risk of transmitting yellow fever, you must be vaccinated for a Yellow Fever before entering Australia.
What is more, it is advisable to bring mosquito repellents when traveling to the north and west of Australia, since in these areas diseases transmitted by mosquitoes, such as Murray Valley encephalitis, are pretty common.
If you plan to travel in Australia by land, you are probably thinking of renting a car. In order to do so, you need to prepare your international driver’s license and other documents, as well as be ready to drive on the left side of the highway.
You can book a car online and it will be waiting for you at the airport parking lot upon your arrival. Make sure you have read and understood the terms and conditions of the car rental company.
With tips and information presented in this article, you should be able to enjoy your dream vacation in Australia knowing what to expect and being well prepared. Remember that ETA is a multiple-entry document valid for one year. With it you can stay in Australia for 90 days each visit.
Also, you are required to submit an application form for the Australian visa as an Italian citizen, be vaccinated for the Yellow Fever, and pay the necessary fee. Then, you can reserve your vehicle and enjoy your stay in Australia.