<span style=”font-size: 14pt;”>Australian ETA or Electronic Travel Authority, is dedicated to nationals of a few countries in the world. The Australian Government introduced two types of electronic travel permits, i.e., ETA and eVisitor.
Both travel authorizations are issued for purposes related to tourism and business and allow traveling to Australia numerous times throughout a 12-month validity period. The validity starts from the date of issue, while a single stay in Australia with either ETA or eVisitor cannot exceed 3 months.
The only difference between ETA and eVisitor is the list of eligible countries. While European passport holders can easily submit the electronic visa application online, nationals of 8 certain countries generally need to use the Australia ETA app to get obligatory travel authorization.
Luckily, our service enables ETA-eligible applicants to complete the visa application process without using the mobile app. They can submit the online visa application using any electronic device, such as a phone, PC, laptop, or tablet. ETA application can be completed in a few very intuitive steps, including filling out a short online form, providing well-quality digital copies of required documents, and covering the processing fee.
Once your Electronic Travel Authority is approved by the Australian authorities, it will be electronically linked to your valid passport. Do remember to take both documents and be prepared to show them during the border control.
Who needs ETA to Australia?
The Australian ETA can be obtained online by citizens of the following countries:
- Brunei Darussalam
- Hong Kong
- United States
Note: If you are a national of one of the European countries, you are eligible for an eVisitor visa (subclass 651), which is also obtainable online.
Australia ETA online application
Simply follow this quick guide to submit your ETA application online:
- Prepare necessary documents, i.e., a face photo and passport copy.
- Go to the online application form, provide the necessary details, and upload the required documents.
- Double-check your application form to ensure that it does not contain any errors.
- Pay the processing fee using one of the available methods of online payment.
- Check your email address and receive the approved ETA.
The confirmation of your Australian Electronic Travel Authority will arrive in your email inbox. You can print it out just in case your mobile device fails to display it.
Australia ETA requirements
There are two documents that must be submitted when applying for Australian ETA online, including:
- face photo: make a photo of your face using your mobile phone or PC camera (it should be a good quality selfie, with a natural facial expression, facing forward, taken on a neutral plain background; it cannot be pixelated; make sure your eyes are open and visible and no additional objects are present in the photo);
- passport photo: prepare a scan or take a photo of your original passport in color; do remember that all four corners must be visible; the image must be clear and legible, with no reflection or glare.
Important: Get familiar with the above-described guidelines to avoid the need to re-submit the required documents and ensure quick approval of your ETA.
For the successful ETA application, you will also need to have access to the following:
- stable Internet connection
- properly working electronic device
- valid means of the online method of payment
- active email address
Benefits of applying for Australian ETA without a mobile app
By applying for a visa via our website, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- no need to download a mobile application
- edition of photos/documents to adequate formats required by the Australian Government
- simplified online application process
- professional support of our visa experts 7 days a week
- data review before sending it for final approval
- free of charge corrections (if needed) and status updates received via email
- recovery of your ETA in case of loss