To attract a greater number of tourists the Australian government has eased the process to obtain Australian Visa for Belgian citizens in the year 2013.
- Online Application
- Am I Eligible to obtain a Visa?
- What If I Am Not Eligible For The ETA Visa?
- What About Money?
The Australian Subclass 651 program first saw the light in the year 1996, it was renovated in 2013 to inculcate digitalization in the Australian visa authority process.
The Belgian citizens need not go through the cumbersome process of filing the documents in an embassy.
Instead, they can now apply for an Australian visa by filling an online application online on this website.
Electronic travel visa for Australia runs these programs and obtaining a visa through this medium allows you to stay in the country for 90 days straight.
The eVisa given through the process is valid for a 12 month period, and to be eligible for an eVisa there are only 2 major considerations: One is a passport and the other is the ability to pay the fee online.
Further considerations require you to fill in the travel details and the number of people visiting the country.
Pushing forward your application is vetted and if successful you will receive an email authorizing you to enjoy the unique Australian destinations.
In addition to these necessary pre-requisites there are a few conditions before you can apply for the Evisa:
- The visitor must not be suffering from tuberculosis.
- You must be convicted for any offense in your country. Any convict sentenced to incarceration for a period of more than 12 months shall not be allowed to enter the country.
- You cannot work on an ETA visa in Australia.
There are types of an Australian Visa for Belgian Citizens:
- The subclass 651 visa: also called an eVisitor visa, it allows you to enter the country multiple times in the year. It is granted for a period of 12 months and you cannot stay for a period of more than 3 months in one go.
- The Subclass 601 visa: also known as the last resort visa application the visitor visa allows you to obtain entry into the country for a fixed time period.
The maximum time period is of 12 months and reduces in a regular interval of 3 months.
You also need to pay the application fee.
Money is not a big issue for the Australian government, the graph starts at AUD $10,000.
There is no limit after the said amount, you can bring as much currency as you like, the more the merrier.