To attract a greater number of tourists, the Australian government eased the process of obtaining an Australian Visa for Belgian citizens in the year 2013. Now, Belgian nationals only have to apply for electronic travel authorization – an eVisitor.
To be eligible, Belgians need to present their valid passports, have an internet-connected device, and a current email address. They also must be tuberculosis-free and have a clean criminal record.
The application process is straightforward and takes just a few minutes. You need to submit the online application form, attach documentation, and pay the fee. Then you receive a confirmation with a PDF document of the Australian eVisa.
With the Australian ETA, Belgian citizens can stay in the country for numerous 90-day visits within the one-year visa validity period.
- Online application
- Am I eligible to obtain a visa?
- Types of Australian electronic visas for Belgian citizens
- How long can Belgians stay in Australia?
The Australian Subclass 651 program first saw the light in the year 1996, it was renovated in 2013 to integrate digitalization into the Australian visa authority process.
Belgian citizens do not need to go through the tiresome process of filling the documents in an embassy. Instead, they can now apply for an Australian eVisa by filling out an online application on this website.
The online application process includes several steps:
- Fill out the application form on the website. You need to enter some personal details such as name and surname, nationality, date of birth, travel dates, etc.
- Check the correctness and completeness of your information, as typos and errors may lead to issues during the processing and, therefore, delays.
- Attach necessary documentation.
- Cover the service fee. You can use any of the methods available on the website – debit or credit card, or PayPal. All of them are secure, so be sure your money is safe.
- Wait for a response. The confirmation letter with an approved eVisa will be sent to your email address. It will arrive as a PDF document.
To be eligible for an Australian visa, Belgian citizens must hold a valid passport effective for at least 6 months from the planned arrival date to Australia.
Also, as the application process goes online, you need to adhere to some technical requirements. You must have:
- a working device – laptop, phone, PC, or tablet
- internet connection – mobile internet or Wi-Fi
- sufficient payment means – to complete the online payment
- an active email account – the approved Australian eVisitor will be sent to your email address, so you should have access to it. Email can also be used as a means of communication with our team.
In addition to these necessary prerequisites, there are a few conditions you should know before applying for the Evisa:
- The visitor must not be suffering from tuberculosis.
- You cannot be convicted for any offense in your country. Any convict sentenced to incarceration for a period of more than 12 months shall not be allowed to enter the country.
- You cannot work on an ETA visa in Australia.
There are types of Australian Visa for Belgian Citizens:
- The subclass 651 visa: also called an eVisitor visa, it allows you to enter the country multiple times during the year. It is granted for a period of 12 months, and you cannot stay for a period of more than 3 months in one go.
- The Subclass 601 visa: the visitor visa allows you to obtain entry into the country for a fixed time period.
The Australian ETA for Belgian citizens can be issued for a maximum time period of 12 months. The validity begins at the moment of visa approval. As the Australian eVisa is a multiple-entry one, its holders can travel to Australia numerous times within the validity period.
Each visit to Australia mustn’t exceed 3 months (90 days). You have to spend at least 3 days outside the territory of Australia between the visits.
Note that your passport must stay valid throughout your whole trip. As soon as it expires, the Australian ETA visa becomes invalid as well.