If you wish to travel to Australia from Brunei, you need to obtain a special entry permit. The visa registration process has been effortless and convenient since 2001, when the Australian government enabled Bruneian citizens to apply for Australian eTA online. All you need to do is fill in the application form with relevant information and pay the processing fee.
With the eTA electronic visa, you are allowed to visit Australia for 90 consecutive days for tourism, business, and transit purposes. The permit stays valid for the entire year and may be used multiple times.
- Traveling with Australian eTA
- Application for Australian eTA
- Documents required for Australian eTA
- eTA processing
- eTA validity
If you would like to know more about the eTA electronic visa to Australia, read the article below. There, you will find some details on the application process, required documents, processing time, and mandatory payments.
The eTA entry permit grants all eligible Bruneian citizens easy access to Australia. They may visit the country for various reasons, including doing business or spending holidays.
Tourist eTA Australia
- Visit friends and family members who are Australian residents.
- Apply for short-time educational advancement in any field of interest.
- Enjoy the wonderful sites of the country as a tourist.
- Participate in cultural events.
Business eTA Australia
- Contract negotiations for employment
- Carry out market opportunities survey and business partnership initiation.
- Take part in conferences, educational forums, and seminars.
The application process is uncomplicated and intuitive, so it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time. Since the registration procedure is conducted online, you must check whether your Internet connection is reliable and if your selected electronic device is working correctly. Then, you can proceed with the registration.
To obtain the eTA permit, complete the following steps:
- Fill in the visa application form.
- Check if the provided information is correct.
- Pay the mandatory fee for visa processing.
Before applying, you should ensure you can access your inbox because once your eTA visa has been approved, you will receive the authorized document in PDF form at your e-mail address. There is no need to print it out for your trip to Australia.
There are a few requirements that must be met by every foreign citizen traveling to Australia. It is crucial to prepare the documentation before the application process so that the procedure can be smooth and problem-free.
For your eTA application, you are required to obtain:
- Passport valid for 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia.
- Active e-mail address at which you will receive your visa approval or denial.
- Selected method of online payment (debit cards, credit cards, and PayPal are accepted).
Before your journey, you should also schedule a medical examination with your doctor. During the appointment, you will be given a certificate proving you are in good health and do not suffer from tuberculosis. If you fail to obtain this document, you may be denied entry to Australia.
Moreover, only travelers with a clean criminal record may visit Australia. If you have been sentenced guilty of severe offenses in the last 12 months before your planned journey, you are not eligible to cross the Australian borders.
The eTA visa registration is very simple and takes around 15 minutes. However, the waiting time may be a few days, so you must be patient. In general, it does not take long to issue an Australian eTA, but it is strictly dependent on the number of submitted applications. Moreover, the waiting time may increase due to the processing conducted on the Australian side.
With the eTA electronic visa, you may visit Australia multiple times throughout the year. Nevertheless, each visit cannot be longer than 90 days. Remember that overstaying is strictly forbidden and may result in getting a fine or being denied further access to Australia.