You may wonder what beautiful country to visit next, and the answer is easy – try booking a trip to Australia. This destination is perfect both for those seeking adventure and travelers who want a peaceful, relaxing journey.
All Monaco citizens may apply for an electronic visa to Australia called eTA (also known as eVisitor). The permit may be easily obtained online and allows multiple visits to Australia, each of them lasting up to 3 months. Moreover, it stays valid for 12 months.
With the eTA electronic visa, you may travel to Australia for tourism, business, and transit purposes. Fill in the application form and enjoy your journey!
- Traveling to Australia
- eTA Australia Application Online
- eTA Australia Required Documents
- Processing Time and Fee Payment
Traveling to Australia
The Australian eTA is a document granting all eligible travelers a visit to Australia for reasons including tourism, business, or transit. With this permit, you are allowed to visit family and friends, participate in local festivals, enjoy a package tour, hold a conference, conclude contracts, and many more.
While filling in the application form, you are obliged to state the purpose of your travel. The processing fee and the waiting time do not change regardless of the selected reason for travel.
eTA Australia Application Online
It is important that Australian officials made the eTA registration process simple and convenient. It should not take more than 15 minutes, and you can fill in the application form remotely from the comfort of your home. Make sure you are connected to the Internet, check your electronic device, and you can start completing the questionnaire.
To obtain the eTA visa to Australia, you should follow three simple steps.
- Complete the application form, remember to be truthful.
- Make sure there are no spelling errors in the application form.
- Use a selected payment method to finalize the transaction and pay the fee.
As presented above, the registration for the Australian eTA is not complicated. When your inquiry is accepted, you will receive the visa approval notice to your e-mail address in PDF form. You may print it out, however, it is not necessary as the entry permit will be linked to your passport’s number.
eTA Australia Required Documents
It is essential that you meet all the requirements while applying for the eTA visa. Any discrepancy in the documentation may result in being denied entry to Australia. If you wish to obtain the Australian eTA, you should prepare the following documents:
- Passport – Your passport must be valid for additional 180 days from the moment of entering Australia. If you plan on staying in the country longer than 6 months, make sure your passport will not lose its validity – otherwise, your eTA will also be considered invalid.
- Medical Certificate – Before your journey to Australia, you should visit a doctor to obtain a medical certificate proving you are healthy and do not suffer from tuberculosis. Moreover, people over the age of 70 may be required to take some extra medical assessments.
- Criminal Record – If you have been sentenced guilty of any severe offenses during the last 12 months, you are not eligible to cross the Australian border. Only those who have a clean criminal record are allowed to visit Australia.
All Monaco citizens who wish to obtain the eTA electronic visa must fill in the questionnaire with the relevant personal information. The questions mainly focus on their first and last name, gender, place of birth, date of birth, and country of residence. It is also essential to write down the passport’s details: number, issuing date, and expiration date.
Processing Time and Fee Payment
The visa processing usually takes around a few days. However, the waiting time may increase due to a large number of visa inquiries (especially during summer holidays) or because of the internal visa processing conducted by the Australian office. Therefore, it is advised not to wait with the eTA application when you are planning your trip abroad.
The eTA visa to Australia is generally free-of-charge, but you are obliged to pay the mandatory processing fee of 49 EUR. You can make the payment via credit card, debit card, or PayPal.