Mexican citizens must apply for an Australian travel visa in order to visit Australia for various purposes such as holidays, business, or other leisure activities. Since they cannot obtain a visa upon arrival in Australia, they must obtain it prior to their planned departure.
Depending on the traveling motive, there are different types of visas available for nationals of Mexico. Read on for more information on what type of visa for Australia you should apply for.
NOTE: Mexico is a non-ETA-eligible country. So it is impossible for Mexican Citizens to get an Australian ETA visa unless they are passport holders of other ETA-eligible countries.
Australian Visa types available for Mexican citizens
Since Mexico happens to be a non-ETA-eligible country, travelers from Mexico or those Mexicans who are already in Australia wanting to extend their stay will be required to apply for a Visitor Visa (subclass 600).
A Visitor Visa enables entering Australia for tourism or business-related purposes, and its holder can stay there for up to 3 months (or even up to 1 year in certain circumstances).
In order to take up employment in Australia, any citizen of Mexico has to apply for an Australian work visa. Nowadays, the Work Visa program in Australia allows individuals with special skills and expertise to migrate to Australia.
Australia provides lots of opportunities with more than 1,30,000 visa places obtainable for skilled migrants, which include skilled independent as well as business migrants and employer-sponsored migrants.
Any applicant from Mexico, who will be capable of obtaining sponsorship via an employer, will be offered priority processing.
Australian Family Visa
The Family migration stream of Australia intends to reunite the immediate as well as extended family members along with their entitled Australian relations. Any Mexican who wishes to migrate to Australia under the Family migration scheme and plans to apply for the Australian Family Visa should be sponsored by any close relative who happens to be a citizen of Australia.
Most often, a sponsor must demonstrate sufficient funds to support their family members for up to 2 years from arriving in Australia. The family visa helps various categories of families to reunite.
Student Guardian Visa
Another type of visa available for Mexicans is a Student Guardian Visa. This type of visa is dedicated to Mexicans who consider visiting Australia to support their children holding student visas.
The Australian Student visa program offers an opportunity for Mexican students to study in the country at any education level, which includes primary, tertiary, secondary, postgraduate, non-award, and vocational courses. Any Mexican can travel to Australia under the Student Guardian visa program as a guardian of any Mexican student who is below 18 years of age so as to provide him with accommodation, general well-being as well as other types of support.
How to apply for an Australian visa from Mexico
The application process for an Australian visa for Mexican citizens varies depending on the visa type. Nevertheless, all applicants should follow similar steps described below.
- First, you have to contact the nearest Australian embassy or consulate to find out what documents must be gathered.
- Secondly, you will need to prepare all the required documents.
- The next step is to apply for a visa.
- The last step is to wait for visa approval. It will be possible for you to monitor the status of the visa application. Once processed, you are going to be notified whether your visa has been rejected or approved.
Requirements for an Australian Visitor Visa for Mexican citizens
- An application for an Australian Visitor Visa can be done by any traveler from Mexico who wants to stay in Australia for more than 90 days
- Visitor Visa can be exclusively used for tourism purposes, including family and friend reunions, cruise or holiday
- The passport possessed by an Australian visa applicant must remain valid for six months beyond the planned stay in Australia
- It is essential for any Mexican visiting Australia to show their proof of departure. It can be a digital copy of the flight itinerary from a travel agency or the airline department or a copy of the airline tickets itself.
- When it comes to medical requirements, international health insurance is recommended.
- In terms of financial requirements, proof of adequate funds to support one individual during his stay in Australia will be required. It can be in the form of a traveler check or any recent bank statement.