Australia is a very popular destination for tourists from all over the world. In this article we will present you with the procedures and ways on how to go through the application for an Australian visa as Nigerian citizen.
- Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)
- eVisitor Australian visa (Subclass 771)
- Visa for the student
- Work visa
- Permanent residency
- Australian citizenship
- How to apply for a visa to Australia and what are the requirements?
Before your visit, you have to apply for an Australian visa. With it you can stay in the country for a limited period of time for tourism or business. When you travel to Australia, remember to get a visa. Besides, it is advisable to apply online. It is a very convenient and quick option. You can also contact your nearest embassy or consulate for more details.
- This visa enables you to get in Australia as a tourist, businessman, to visit friends/family, or for medical treatment;
- It permits you to go to the country for up to 12 months;
- You can make general business, transactions or participate in a meeting in case your visit is business related.
1 – 3 days are needed for your application to be prepared
If you need to make a short stopover in Australia on your way to another nation, you should have a visa. A Subclass 771 (Transit) is the best in this case.
With a Transit visa you can enter and remain in Australia for no longer than 72 hours.
The whole process is free of charge and quite simple, so you don’t need to worry.
If you are interested in studying in Australia, firstly you must get the approval from educational institution in Australia.There are some student visa types depending on the kind of study, time period or purpose, including Temporary Graduate Visa, Independent ELICOS Sector Visa, Vocational Education and Training Sector Visa, etc.
The student visa is connected to the educational travel purposes.
Work visa, as a name suggests, can be used to work in the country. You can gain entry to Australia through the migration program or by being sponsored by an Australian employer who can support you to stay in Australia temporarily or permanently under the:
- Manager Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)
- Provincial Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187)
- Transitory Work (Skilled) (subclass 457).
Before we explain this visa type, firstly let’s say who is a permanent resident. It is a holder of permanent visa who is not a citizen of Australia. Permanent resident can work, study and live in the country. To apply you need to meet certain requirements. You can do it as a migrant, when you have family in Australia, or on humanitarian grounds.
It is possible to become Australian citizen. This option has many privileges but also is connected to the responsibilities. With the citizenship you can live in Australia, apply for the Australian passport, work in the country, vote in elections, etc. You are eligible to apply for it when you:
- passed a citizenship test
- are already a permanent resident and satisfy residence requirements
- stay in Australia or be there in the future
- be of a good character.
General, required document for a visa to Australia:
- passport that is valid for at least 6 months
- copy of the passport pages
- completed application form
- photocopy of ID card and global international ID bio information page
- past identifications or visas and stamps to show the travel history
- family certificate
- health insurance
- police certificate
- confirmation of business and resources
- evidence of temporary stay/accommodation reservation
- invitation letter
- fee payment.
The requirements may differ depending on the visa type, but in most cases a valid passport is the most important. Prepare all documents before your application to avoid some difficulties. The process usually is quite simple but you need to pay attention to the necessary conditions. Also, take into consideration which visa type you need for your travel.
The requirements depend on the visa type that you wish to have. Some of the types require sponsorship from a person in Australia or additional documents, but in each case, you need to have a valid passport, an active email address, and a clear criminal record.
In order to apply, you need to prepare the necessary documents, visit the website or embassy/consulate, complete the application form, and wait for approval. If everything is correct, you will receive your visa.